Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Start the bidding at...

So, here I want to expand on my post this weekend on Ann-tidote, where I donned cocktail attire and put my best foot forward for my alma mater's annual Auction Gala. A very unique "owning it" moment ensued...

I was asked by a couple that could not attend the Gala to win an item on the live auction list. They said win, not bid. The difference? No price limit. Literally. So here's me, 5 foot nothin' sitting at my table bidding thousands of dollars on this item. There were teachers and volunteers manning the bidding, and they were shocked to see me bidding so much $$! I kept raising my card at the appropriate time, raising the price up, and raising money for the school! In the end, the auctioneer convinced the second highest bidder to match my price and doubled the item we were bidding on. Talk about owning it! People were "Good job!"-ing me, patting my friend next to me (male) on the back, like he was the contributor behind this. Hel-LO! I'm not a baller, but I can hold my own :)

What have we learned? Be bold! Be the one to put shock on everyone's faces! Make sure to wear a hot dress and heels so you KNOW you can own it.

Here's a picture from the evening, after I won!

2 comments:

Anna Rose Liesemeyer said...

I love this story Ann. I can totally see you owning it....and um excuse me? who is your cute date?!?!

Maria Grace said...

you are a WINNER!
and I agree with Anna- the date is adorable! I'm partial to redheads, ok a man with a full head of hair period...