Wednesday, March 25, 2009

work it

work. it. out.

WHO SAID IT?- if you get this right you win 5 points and my respect (worth about 18 points total):

"Finishing that 5K was the hardest thing I ever had to do. I ate more fettuccini alfredo, and drank less water than I have in my entire life. People always talk about triumphs of the human spirit. Well today I had a triumph of the human body. That's why everybody was applauding for me at the end. My guts, my heart and well I eventually puked my guts out. I never puked my heart out, and I am very proud of that."

I ran my first race this past Sunday. "What now!?" you ask? Thank you for asking. Yes I ran a whole race. For Colon Cancer. 4 miles. Central Park. 35 degrees (thanks again Sam Champion). No walking. No puking. My time was 44:51 and I am OWNING IT. I've been bragging to everyone, really.

I think I'm a little taller and thinner since the race. I am a runner now you know.

I trained myself on a treadmill for about 6 weeks before the race. I went from being able to run 1 mile before cursing the treadmill and collapsing, to being a 4-mile-race-runner (and then cursing and collapsing). Do I keep carbo-loading the rest of the week? Does anyone know?

I have been in a really good mood since the race. Well, until I got to work. Work is like an exception, it is just not possible to remain in a good mood through the work day unless you are Kelly Rippa or Rachel Ray. I think I am really more of a Regis.

Anywho, I am going to keep signing myself up for races because:
A- It is fun to brag to everyone

B- I like dancing to my music as I run because it weirds out the other runners giving me a home-team advantage (thanks for the tip Liza!)

C- It gives me an incentive to go to the gym
(pictured here- post race, circa finish-line, with running buddy/coworker, lets call her "Sarah". "Sarah" was even faster than me if you can believe that!)

5 comments:

Liza said...

I AM SO PROUD OF THIS GIRL!!!

Sarah said...

"Let's call her 'Sarah,'" haha.

Alexis Blake said...

You are my idol... I could NEVER finish that race. haha you truly did own it!

Grace Marie said...

miguel scott

good j on the ray!!

Maria Grace said...

thanks guys!
18 points for Grace- good j on the Q! you get an extra point for translating to another language...
18+1=19 hurrah!