Wednesday, April 15, 2009

what is a starbuck?

I was sitting at Starbuck's with one of my besties last night. I was drinking hot tea while a cold draft rudely blew upon us. It really did not let up at all. I complained to the friendly/flirty barista (do you call a male barista a baristo??), but allegedly no one in the store could turn down the cold front. Rood.

Ok this is all besides the point, but it feels good to get that off my chest.
So, back to basics- I was drinking my tea and my bestie discovered a quote so good on my cup that she took it home with her! You know, those "The Way I see It" quotes, or whatever. She shared it with her man. As I *luckily* do not have a man I want to share it with you.

"There is a subtle difference between a mission and a promise. A mission is something you strive to accomplish — a promise is something you are compelled to keep. One is individual, the other is shared. When a mission and a promise are one and the same . . . that’s when mountains are moved and races are won."
I'm really motivated this year (compared to my usual state of happy laziness) to actually accomplish things. Things like winning races and maybe moving a mountain or 2. My bestie helped me accomplish one of my goals last night. My lesson: I can't go it alone. I just can't. When I try to accomplish something difficult alone I end up procrastinating and giving up. But with the support of my friends I am lifted up and I am able. Able to keep going, keep moving mountains, keep promises to myself, succeed, be proud, and own it.

No comments: