Thursday, April 2, 2009

OWNING my pregnancy..

My beautiful ladies! It has been so fun to read all the variety of posts here-thanks for contributing.
I haven't had much to share, but I did have some major reflection time the other night and wanted to voice some of those thoughts here...
As most of you know, I have come to my last few weeks of pregnancy....along with that has come some pretty intense back pain. It keeps me up throughout the night, and has made me feel pretty much like an invalid. I have had my moments believe me when I have asked myself, what in the world am I doing large and pregnant at 24??? Then God kindly reminds me it is because I am bringing a life into the world that he has had planned from all eternity, and that Gabe and I's openness to life at the peak of ours will only allow this child to live and hopefully fulfill that great plan that God in his goodness has for it. I have had to ask myself-how do I "OWN-IT" in my state in life? How do I embrace the pain that goes along with this time? It certainly doesn't feel good, and I am often relying on my ever so patient and loving husband to do things for me. (I can't tie my shoes anymore-its actually pretty funny) But as I was up at 3 am the other night, it hit me really hard. I was staring at the crucifix above our door, and I saw nothing but agony, pain, and suffering.....the cross of Christ that he embraced so that there could be a Resurrection-an eternal happiness for each of us. He literally broke his body so that we may have life and joy. THIS is what I am called to do...OWNING my vocation-giving up myself so that I can bring life into the world. God created us women to love and serve. This is what makes us happy- whether it be Rose loving her son, Molly loving her students, Therese serving the poor across the oceans, etc! etc! etc! You have each a different call in life, but I guaruntee it involves service and love-what our female hearts were made for. It's in embracing and owning our vocation that we find the fulfillment that so many people go to extremes to find. I think of you all often and gain so much strength from your examples. Keep rockin' it. Much love~

5 comments:

Liza said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Liza said...

wow. Anna - Thanks so much for sharing. You never cease to amaze and INSPIRE me. no joke.

Yesterday Danielle Gave birth to her SECOND little baby girl. You guys are incredible. The pregnancy, the labor, the undertaking of motherhood..especially at such young ages. It really is humbling to read your words of sacrifice and your reflection on our call to serve and love.

LOVE YOU.

Mary T. said...

Anna thanks so much for this post. So inspirational to me and an encouragement to love and sacrifice no matter where we are in life! Praying for you and gabe as this new chapter begins. Soooo exciting : )

Maria Grace said...

You are gonna be such an awesome momma, Anna. Like Mary said, I too appreciate the encouragement to love and sacrifice- in my state in life it is sooo so so easy to forget. You get a constant internal reminder!
<3 maria

Therese said...

Anna- Thanks for showing us how to "Own-It" at every stage! You inspire me! What a beautiful gift for your baby to have a mother who can see the truth and reality so clearly! Praying for you guys!!