Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Chris Martin rocks my flops off.

Good morning lovely ladies. Apologize for my absence, it has not been intentional :)


Last night I had the pleasure, nay the honor, of seeing Chris Martin and his British lads perform at an indoor/outdoor arena in Dallas. I had a seat, which was a good thing, because overhead there were fans to keep us cool in the hot Texas weather. The show was unbelievable. He did not play only "Viva" tracks, but tracks from pretty much every album he has produced. On top of that he threw in an acoustic cover of MJ's Billie Jean. How can you top that!?

During the performance of "Yellow" (yes, he busted that out!), giant yellow balloons fell from the ceilings for everyone to bounce around. After a while they kept flying back at him (Chris: "we're under attack!"). Here is a snapshot from the moment:


Chris continued to dazzle the crowd with Lovers in Japan off his new album. Tiny paper butterflies shot out EVERYWHERE and I snagged one to take home. It was the same butterfly that is on their recent album, LeftRightLeftRightLeft, which they said they made so many copies of, they just had to give some away for free after the concert. We definitely fought the crowds to grab it, even though I had downloaded it a couple months ago free from their site!

The entire set list can be found here. Overall, a night to remember as one of the best shows I've ever seen live (note: other favorite was Radiohead last summer. Phenomenal show-check it out here).

Just something to brighten your day, I love this version of "Clocks" with Rhythms del Mundo.

ps-I took these photos on my iphone and used an app called "photogene" to sharpen them a bit!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Incredible!!! I've always loved their live DVD and can't wait to experience it tonight in Houston!

Liza said...

I AM GREEN..BRIGHT KELLY GREEN...no no no NEON GREEEEEN with ENVY.. I love Coldplay. So glad you go to go and shared your picky Pics with us!! :) :)

Anna Rose Liesemeyer said...

I am also green.....I guess I would be jungle green....so jealous. Those pics are sweet Ann. Thanks for making me feel like I caught a glimpse of their show.