Friday, September 18, 2009

sometimes its not so easy to own it...

Sometimes I don't feel like owning it. Does anyone else feel that way? I mean, I don't always feel self-assured and confidant deep down in my core. Almost never 100%. In my head I think I know my worth, but my heart doesn't always feel it and exude that. That is what I like about this particular blog... it is just a bunch of girls women on a mission; trying day by day to learn and know and own our worth. That is why I keep coming back.

And on a day when I don't feel it I have a choice to make. I can choose to let it all hang out or I can fake it til I make it. Both are valid options bc sometimes I need to let myself feel those negative feelings so they can be recognized and eventually disperse- as long as I don't dwell there for too too long. And sometimes I need to fake it til I make it (I believe that idiom comes from our Ruthie). Because if I take care of myself and get up to face the world, choosing an attitude of 'I can do this', I eventually feel that way... even if I didn't originally.

1 comment:

Anna Rose Liesemeyer said...

Maria I am so glad you posted this cuz lets face it-we ALL have these days.
Seriously this past week I had one of those days. Gaber is usually a happy baby but once in a while he has a fussy day. This time around, I had a ton to do but had to hold him all day. After him spitting up on me a few times, pooping out of his pants, and me having anxiety attacks about my to do list....I had one of those..."wow I'm a mom and I don't want to own it" moments.:) But I know they are good for me because we all need doses of humility when you realize that my strength and beauty only comes from grace.
Thanks for making me feel a little better after reading your post!