Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Absolutely amazing....still shaking!

So, the detective just called me about my case that, if you follow your calendars, happened one year ago from this coming Saturday! I thought she was calling to check on me with the anniversary coming up, but no. She said that usually the DNA processing takes up to 18 months, but they rushed my case. So, they were able to get some DNA from my foot (don't ask). Turns out it matches an extremely similar case that occurred one week after mine, blocks from my old apartment. She was not so lucky.
What happens now? The DNA is reviewed (along with both cases) by the DNA analyst before it is entered into a system called Codis, first in my state, then in the US. The review can take a month, but it will take days if there are any "hits" on this person once it is entered into Codis.

This is amazing. I am a bit stirred right now, just knowing that he is still out there, but I could reach a completely peaceful point if this turns out the way I hope it does. Keep me in your prayers Saturday (is that selfish to ask?), and throughout this new process.

"Be content with what you have, for God has said, "Never will I leave you; Never will I forsake you". So say with confidence "The Lord is my Helper; I will not be afraid."
-Hebrews 13:5,6

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
-Jeremiah 29:11

9 comments:

Liza said...

Wow Ann - thanks for the update!.. I don't know what to say other than I am So proud of you. I will definitely keep praying that this person is found and locked away forever.

Your Strength & Hope in the face of such evil is so inspiring.

Sara said...

Absolutely amazing, my dear friend. Asking for prayers is never selfish :) Praying for you and hoping for the best with the case!!

Jenny May said...

Anne, thats great news to hear.

I hope you are with good family and friends on Saturday...you definitely had a guardian angel looking over you. Praying that this guy is found so he cannot hurt anyone else.

Uptown Girl said...

I'll be thinking of you and praying for you big-time. You better ask for prayers when you need them, that is never a selfish thing, and anniversaries can be SO difficult!
I hope there is a happy ending in all of this and the bad guy gets caught.
Ditto what Jenny said- hope u r with ppl you are close to on Saturday so they can shower you with love.

CK said...

Ann, so amazing! You are such an inspiration to us all. You are always in my prayers XOXO!!

Anna Liesemeyer said...

Ann- what incredible news. You are so strong and I am so proud to call you my friend. Prayer is a definate. Thanks for your testimony of faith. love you.

Mary T. said...

Ann know you will be in my thoughts and prayers in a special way this week!! You are such and inspiration to so many!

Ann-tidote said...

thanks everyone!! I will be with LOTS AND LOTS of friends and family this weekend. We'll be celebrating this, as well as a friends wedding. As I sit and reflect I can't believe hwo far I've come this year. I remember thinking I would never be happy again...AND I AM EVEN HAPPIER!!!!!!!! :D
love and hugs..

Erica said...

Ann, what an amazing turn of events! You are so inspiring. Love you!