Friday, October 23, 2009

My Response....

I have thought back to that night many a time- I actually journaled that night we talked for hours in a friends backyard- looking back i wrote "...let it begin with me- do I believe in this dignity and my VALUE as a woman... how can I be the BEST version of THERESE FLOYD that there is!....I want to see my sisters grow up with CONFIDENCE in who they are and who they have been created to be!" I truly believe that the seeds planted that night- are coming to fruition- I look at the women we all have grown and are growing to become in these past 2 years- I LOVE to see the change we have undergone....some through life circumstance- others through suffering and tragedy that we never dreamed ourselves capable of- and others through innumerable joys- like recent promotions- weddings and now motherhood!

My life is changed- I feel as though everyday I spent in Honduras this past year convinced me more and more to fight for this cause- this cause for TRUE identity- the strength and grace that women have and NEED to bring to the table! Liza- my heart is on fire after reading your POST- we need to answer these stirrings in our hearts!

It is time we take ACTION! We have spent a beautiful two years affirming and inspiring EACH OTHER- now empowered we have an obligation to take it to the nations! I am 100% ... we need a brain-storming session- and then we need to pull back the dam- to let the floodgates of our minds- passion-creativity-and love flow forward! We WILL be the change we wish to see in our society!

Let's Roll.....

As Pope Paul VI said ...

"...the hour is coming, in fact has come, when the vocation of woman is being achieved in its fullness, the hour in which woman acquires in the world an influence, an effect and a power never hitherto achieved. That is why, at this moment when the human race is under-going so deep a transformation, women impregnated with the spirit of the Gospel can do so much to aid mankind in not falling...Women- you do know how to make truth sweet-tender- and accessible, make it your task to bring it into institutions, schools, homes, and daily life. Women of the entire universe, whether Christian or non-believing, you to whom life is entrusted at this grave moment in history, it is for you to save the peace of the world. "

A few Women (Big and Small who OWN-IT...and teach me to as well!)


One of the Mom's in Honduras caring for her baby...


Dona Maria- Look at that smile! Owning her IT!


My sister's- Learning how to OWN-IT!


My Inspiration!


My parents- My Mom SO Own's It!


One of my girl's at the HIV clinic- Look at her OWNING-IT!

2 comments:

Anna Liesemeyer said...

Therese, thanks for this.
I am with you. God does not place something on your heart for it to sit and dwell but to give you the desire to act and share. Its the response to the call that God measures.

Uptown Girl said...

love the quote Therese- and those pics of strong women! keep owning it ;)