Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Read All About It!


 This just in. 

I AM IN CONTROL OF MY LIFE! IF I WANT SOMETHING - I HAVE TO MAKE IT HAPPEN. - this may seem obvious to you. but it is not always so clear and simple for me. sometimes I think my life will just HAPPEN.  or just CHANGE & be exactly how I want it to be.. without having to really DO anything about it. One roadblock I often face is Fear.  Fear is my most loyal 'friend' - that I cant Get RID of.  Its like HElloooo Feeeear -I said I was over you - so be a nice little bugger and GO THE F away! wink wink.kthxbye.



“In essence, if we want to direct our lives, we must take control of our consistent actions. It's not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.”.... is this why I don't have washboard abs? I mean, I dream big & I have sweetness goals.. but apparently I have to do little things EVERYDAY to make my goals a reality.... crap - what a set back.


 ALSO Did you know!? IF I FEEL cranky OR IN A BAD MOOD - I HAVE the POWER TO MAKE IT BETTER...I'm not even joking.  according to some smart ppl - if I feel like UGH or ICK or even FML!!! I can talk myself through it and choose to be happy, positive & UN-Ugh!..I can force myself to OWN it even when all emotions are telling me to do otherwise. (ok this one I know is true. I try to practice it on the regular).


and one more for the road...

“The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president. You realize that you control your own destiny.” 


read.digest.repeat.

8 comments:

Ann-tidote said...

omg i am totally owning this. yesterday i was so owning it i decided to go to yoga TWICE. then i got a 30 minute massage after the second class was over (one was at 6:15 am and one at 6:45 pm). let's say i'm a tish sore today, but i'm owning it. it is time to stop getting corporate ass and start achieving the goals i set for myself. why keep dreaming if all you do is not ATTEMPT the dreams!?

i have so much more to conquer, but at least i'm getting off my ass for now.

City John said...

Hi Liza, i hope you don't mind that i may link to this post on one of my posts (giving you full props of course..its very powerful, motivating and so true. you should make a book out of all these inspiring posts!

- City John :)

Liza said...

Go ANN!! way to stick to your goal! and what ?? working out not once but twice in ONE day?? Holy Yowza!!

City John: Um? obvi we love when ppl link to us on their bloggizles.. u r so sweet to say such nice things about own it.. SO glad u enjoy it!. dont worry Im sure a book will be in our future! ;)

Anna Liesemeyer said...

love this! love the type variations too:) he he

Alexis Blake said...

Couldn't have said any of it better! All very good reminders. love it, and you. xo

Uptown Girl said...

thx for the reminders Liza- way to Own it!

As I sit here on hold for 15 minutes and still haven't made it to a human being, I will not let it get me down. I will not curse out the person when they finally take my call. I will own it and smile at them (with my voice)....

i rly needed to read this post today!

ellinelle said...

..love this post ..love the last bit ,soo true ..your blog is really good ..and thanks for visiting mine ..I will be checkin more : ) have a nice day

ellinelle said...

..love the logo collage btw