Friday, February 19, 2010

How I Know My Diet is Working (Without a Scale)

First & Foremost: By "diet" I do NOT mean -South Beach/Atkins/Zone/BeachBody etc etc etc. No thank you. Dieting the old fashioned way is just not for me. I don't live in a box, and I don't follow rules very well either.  I enjoy freedom after-all.  When I refer to MY "diet" I am simply referring to the way I habitually eat & drink. 

Ok Ok now that we have that cleared up, I have some great news to share.  In a recent issue of Self Magazine (which I love to read)... Carrie Underwood noted that what helps her stay on track is "Relishing" in her success! When she is doing well & seeing results she ENJOYS it & celebrates it!! I decided to heed her advice..since HELLO look at her - she clearly knows what she is doing! 

So here is my news:  I am losing weight/getting FIT & feeling better than ever!! - no not "I am going to lose weight" (aka starting now).. or "I lost weight" (hence I am done).

Ever since I read the book "Naturally Thin" - which I told you about back in the summer (see Here) My mind has significantly changed in the way I look at and approach Food. And Just Recently I decided - I can do whatever I set my mind to.. If  I WANT to be healthier, more active, more fit & perhaps a little slimmer.. then I CAN DO IT...little by little..overtime...by changing some basic habits & making better choices everyday.  Remember this Quote??
 
“In essence, if we want to direct our lives, we must take control of our consistent actions. It's not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.”

Therefore little by Little I have been trying to eat BETTER & Less, BUT With TOTAL control about what I eat & with ZERO Guilt about anything I do. ah the freedom.

And guess what?? It's working!! (here is where I RELISH in my success) I can't tell you I have lost 'X' amount of LBs..and frankly I don't care.. What matters is how I FEEL in my clothes & what I see happening!

Finally, I will share with You HOW I Know My Diet is Working (Without a Scale):
  •  I can fit into "fresh out of the drier" Jeans..with little to no effort.
  • My friends have noticed my slimmer physique & have been motivated to eat better too.
  • Between Meals I get this Feeling called "hunger" (which I never really got before) :)
  • When deciding on an outfit I have SO many more options to choose from because I feel GOOD when I look in the Mirror.
  • I have Much more Energy, and don't feel as Sluggish & lazy  as I normally do!
And My FAVORITE reason I KNOW my diet is working:

Last weekend I wore a snug fitting shirt out to meet my Boyfriend & friends.. and my guy said "Wow, you look great babe! Are you wearing those Spanx Things?

ah....victory is mine.
 

6 comments:

Anna Liesemeyer said...

I can also testify to this because you looked HOTT when I saw you over Christmas:)
THis is such a great post...when you can look at your successes and acknowledge them, it will push you further.
xo

Uptown Girl said...

HILARIO!!!!! "Are you wearing those spanx things?" I die.

I agree with Anna (as always) that this is a great post, I'm personally motivated by it and by you.

... feel free to add that consistent behaviors quote to the sidebar so I can look at it often!

Therese said...

Lovin' this! As we are all in the post New Years Lag phase! What's better then a close friend (who you know doesn't just say it for a convo filler!) says- "hey you look great- have you been losing weight!" Inspiration of the day!

Love the feeling of hunger part! It's new for me to! Beginning to love the BURN- I love US- and OWN-IT!

Here is to REALness Ladies!

katy said...

Way to go, Liza! Thanks for the inspiration.

Ann-tidote said...

YAY LIZA! i love my life post audit. I go to yoga 3-5 times a week! HELLO LIFE! HELLO FITNESS! HELLO GETTING BACK TO ME!
we are owning it...

City John said...

I'm trying to figure out what a spanx is? its probably something i would've mistakenly called an outfit as well. I used to think for years the name for scrunchees was "hair bands". but on the serious note, your blog rocks! its inspiring and honest and can say its made me look at what i need to do to also be happy with my own life. so thanks for the great post :)