Friday, February 12, 2010

love Love LOVE

With Valentine's Day coming up, I thought I would reflect a little on LOVE & Relationships.

Love is the hardest, most complex concept of all.  Real love is selfless.  Real love is Scary! Real love is the most amazing gift of all time... but it takes work to achieve.

I am incredibly blessed to have an amazing guy to share my love with. He challenges me, supports me, loves me through & through..
AND above all He Makes me SMILE ALL the friggin time! 
Here is a little glimpse of this amazing man.  I left his shades on to protect his identity! ... Jk -I just like them



































OK so regarding LOVE
As I said above, it can be scary and complex.  Even when you have found the one person you KNOW you are meant to be with - Love can stretch you to new limits.. can challenge your pride.. and can ask you to risk it all. That is why so many people say "I learned a lot about myself in that relationship". Being in a relationship is work.

BUT - if you can find someone who will DO the work with you - who is willing to change themselves for the better, challenge you to do the same, support you when you fall down, and love you NO matter what -  - - then the work becomes a Gift - and the Love becomes something so much deeper and more fulfilling than you ever thought possible.

This song: "Without Love"  really says it all.  This song reminds me daily to love, to endure & to give of myself (even when it means being vulnerable to heartache)- because I know that at the end of the day - that is what LOVE is.. and that "work" & risk involved with being in LOVE..will continue to lead me deeper into the greatest love I have ever known.

Written & sung bye Grace Ellen (a friend from college & an amazing example of Owning It)..This song is the perfect way to kick off Valentine's Day Weekend.  

Listen.Digest.Repeat.




Quantcast

5 comments:

JMay said...

She’s got such a different voice, very pretty!

Your Ley Ley looks so cute in these pics!
Beautifully writing Liza :-)

Uptown Girl said...

beautiful! i like Ley's sunglasses too.
Thanks for sharing about your love Lize.

katy said...

I'll add my "Beautiful!" to the others, Liza:
-Beautiful Blog!
-Beautiful Song!
-Beautiful Valentine!

Anna Liesemeyer said...

I love this post Liza!
so beautiful...all around.
and it makes me so happy to see you so happy:)

Elaine said...

Aw, you guys are adorable!
And the song is beautiful.
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3