Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Climb

Maybe it's because I have been overwhelmed lately..

Maybe it's because I live WAY to much in the future...

Maybe it's because I try to CONTROL everything & don't Trust God enough...

Maybe it's because there is a good chance I am PMS-ing :)...

Maybe it's because I have had many convos with single friends lately about their struggles waiting for THAT guy to come along...

Maybe it's because I just started the daunting task of planning a wedding on no budget & have been filled with Anxiety...

Maybe it's because my very painful family situation is about to hit another Bump in the road...

Maybe it's because I have been working nonstop lately & feel drained...

Maybe it's because I have set many goals for myself that I am NOT Living UP to...

Maybe it's because I am focusing too much on "What is going to Happen?" & "How will it turn out!!??"...

OR, Maybe it is simply because I haven't been OWNING IT...

But for SOME reason.. This song moved me to tears today.


I always liked it... despite the fact that I am Not a big Miley fan.. But today it spoke to me like no other day.

No matter WHAT it is in my life.. I am looking towards something!! I am either planning for it - dreading it - waiting for it - hoping for it - or just thinking IT will be Life Changing.

OUR LIFE IS SPENT IN THE NEXT MOMENT.. looking to the next thing. Whether we think it will make us SO happy or we think It will be SO big & stressful.  We focus on the destination & not the Journey. 

"There's always going to be another mountain
I'm always going to want to make it move
Always going to be an uphill battle,
Sometimes I'm going to have to lose,
Ain't about how fast I get there,
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb"

Why am I focusing on tomorrow when I have a perfectly good Today!? Why do I focus on the What IFs? I think I have to control it ALL.  I have to figure it ALL out today and plan everything out perfectly.  I have to Know the next step - See exactly where I am going - and Resolve that I will relax Later.

This is NO way to live. This is no way to Own it. I need to soak up today for what it is & TRUST that God has gotten me this far & isn't Going Anywhere.  I have to trust that In those NEXT moments - Even the really scary ones.. that God will be there WITH me.

I need to stop focusing on the Negative thoughts - I need to Tell my FEARS goodbye!
Because Seriously - I can DO this. But not on My own.
I need to say:

HERE God take my struggles - take my fears - Take My what IFS - Take My Hopes - Take My plans - Take My future- Because YOU can carry them and you can LEAD me up that mountain.  If I climb with you I can make it to the top in one piece - and I can actually ENJOY the view on the way.

Here's to hope. Here's to Faith. Here's to LIVING in today.

I am taking a break here & taking a look around... I am soaking up today for what it is. And as luck would have it - the Sun is BRIGHT outside.

"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift"

3 comments:

Uptown Girl said...

I am LOVING the song and the post. I will keep climbing. And, I know you will def be a happier climber when you allow yourself to enjoy and live in the present moment Lize!

JMay said...

Liza,

I totally feel that way about Party in the U.S.A. too…the song just speaks to me!

I kid I kid!

I know I already talked to you about this but I LOVED this post. I think it relates to a lot of people with where they're at in their lives (especially me)!
Thanks for sharing & being vulnerable…this really touched me. LOVE YOU!

Alexis Blake said...

This post reminded me of this quote on a recent Grey's Anatomy. haha yes I still watch this show...

"The relentless climb. The pain and anguish of taking it to the next level. Nobody takes pictures of that. Nobody wants to remember. We just want to remember the view from the top. The breathtaking moment at the edge of the world... That's what keeps us climbing, and its worth the pain. That's the crazy part. It's worth anything."

Love you Liza, sit back and enjoy the moment once in a while. XOXO