Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Free Fallin


So i just wanted to share a little ok BIG triumph that came to me the other day whilst doing some writing in my journal/soul searching....Exactly 5 months ago today i packed up my car to the brim and started my drive from Warren, NJ down to Nashville, TN. Now this may seem like big whoop, but this is coming from the girl who wouldn't even sleep over the friends house across the street when she was younger cause she would get home sick : ) I was kinda having a hard time this past week just missing home and friends and really feeling down and asking the question What am i even doing here and what has this time done for me?? Then amidst all this feeling of defeat....it came to me I DID IT.......I conquered my fear of leaving the known and going into the unknown. I was remembering my first time going off a diving board and literally taking me about 30-45 minutes to get from the board to the water clinging onto it for dear life not trusting that my dad would actually catch me, then the relief when i finally released and fell into the unknown and how all this fear i had built up in me was washed away so quickly. Now i feel as though i can jump from the highest mountain. The Lord asked me to leap for the trillionth time and this time for some reason my super stubborn spirit did not get the best of me and i leapt......It has been hard at times but i have been blessed more so then ever before! Today i celebrate owning the fact that i have CONQUERED this life long fear : )




3 comments:

Uptown Girl said...

can you come home now please??

You really are very BRAVE Mary- I can't imagine packing up and moving somewhere unknown... ever! Keep owning it and keep sharing your story here so I can read about your life :)

Liza said...

I am so proud of you - and serio - just making a JUMP like that is insanely scary! I envy you for just DOING it!!!!!!!!

Therese said...

I am so proud of you! Talk about OWNING -IT!