Monday, April 12, 2010

Quotes help me through..

I am not a patient person. I want what I want - when I want it. period. When I have to wait for something - or when I realize that MY plan is the THE plan.. I often get anxious or frustrated.  I am learning how to accept things - to be patient - and to make the most of the extra time I have...but sometimes I just NEED a quote....
 
“Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow - that is patience.”

“Patience and fortitude conquer all things”

“Faith is not simply a patience that passively suffers until the storm is past. Rather, it is a spirit that bears things - with resignations, yes, but above all, with blazing, serene hope.”

“The keys to patience are acceptance and faith. Accept things as they are, and look realistically at the world around you. Have faith in yourself and in the direction you have chosen.”  

“The secret of patience is doing something else in the meanwhile” 


  "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

1 comment:

Alexis Blake said...

I am with you... quotes definitely help me get by. Your last one is my favorite.

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."