Monday, November 4, 2013

Another Faith story!


Since I was born I've been raised Catholic and have gone to church every Sunday with my family. The rules and guidelines of the Church have been drilled and instilled into my head since I was a little kid. I went along with what I was taught and for the most part was very cooperative. When I was eight years old I went to Mexico and received the sacraments of first communion, first reconciliation and confirmation ( a practice I don't think is allowed anymore). I had received all the sacraments but was not necessarily spiritual, by that I mean I never really had a personal relationship with God. During high school I became involved in my youth group and became a peer leader for confirmation students. These things were forced upon me by my mother however. Senior year was when I really started to like and get into my faith on my own. I went on a mission trip to New Mexico and saw my religion in a whole new way. That summer I started attending daily mass on my own and started to work on a relationship with Christ. I've found that I get more out of things like mass when I am alone and not distracted by my family. I was not thrilled about coming to Franciscan but I have grown to love it and I know it's the best place for me to grown in my faith even more!

- Jack S.

No comments: